I received a flyer in the mail the other day for The Decor Store right down the road from our house. We pass it every time we go for a bike ride but I've yet to drop by. The mailer I received was announcing their Christmas Open House. I thought it was next weekend ... perfect because this weekend was already full. Then yesterday I realized, nope, it's for this weekend! So ... I sqeezed an hour in between grocery shopping and a Pampered Chef party earlier today and decided to take a peek.
It reminded me of all the times my mom and I would visit holiday boutiques when I was growing up. It was kind-of our "thing" since I don't think my sister was too into it. It was so much fun to browse all the home made goodies and crafts, finding ideas for things we wanted to try and duplicate on our own, or purchasing Christmas gifts. Even if we didn't buy anything, it was still a fun outing ... and something I think of when fall comes around each year.
We tried to find a boutique this year, but the dates never quite lined up. And as I walked through the Christmas Open House ... looking at all the flocking and ornaments and doo-dads for Christmas decorating ... I felt a little sad. My mom should have been there browsing with me. So. Next year. If the boutiques are few and far between. And we can't seem to get our schedules to line up. Now I know we can go to the shop just around the corner from my house ... and browse Christmas till we're ready for a Starbucks break of Chai with whipped cream ... on a lovely mother-daughter afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment