Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Showers Everywhere

Yesterday I went to the second and final baby shower of the season.  A month ago I went to my cousin Tiffany's shower and yesterday went to my cousin Heidi's shower.  Yesterday's shower was just for the women in the family and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to catch up with my cousins and aunts.  The older we get, the fewer and farther in between these get together's are.  Sadly, it's almost as if we need someone to have a special occassion in order for everyone to make the trek to someone's house. 

I thought you might enjoy a few of the crochet layette's the showers of the season inspired.  I've moved on for the time being to crocheting Christmas gifts, but here are a few peeks at some of the layettes I made in recent months.



The Pink Elephant Layette was for Heidi's daughter, Airalyn.


The Purple Flower layette was for Tiffany's daughter, Ellie.



The Blue Boy layette was for my neighbor's son, Tyler.
I have to admit, half the fun of making these is giving them away for someone to enjoy.  I loved seeing their faces as they opened each gift.  I hope they are as special to them as they were to me in making them.  I put prayer and love into each one. 

I've been daydreaming about opening an Etsy shop, but with a full time job, involvement at church, and a house to take care of there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day.  Plus, I keep giving away everything I make!  That makes it even more difficult to build up an inventory.  Oh well, we'll keep that dream in the category of "someday" ... for now!

1 comment:

  1. SO LOVELY!!! And the perfect little elephant buttons to match! LOVE love love it:) Thanks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete