This past week I turned the big thirty-one. My sweet sweet husband did his darndest to make December the 2nd a memorable and special day. Starting by making me an omelet before for I headed off to work, sending me the most beautiful arrangement of roses and lilies (accompanied by a little love note) and dinner at Outback where we proceeded to completely finish off the gluten free chocolate brownie sunday, almost (but not quite), to the point of licking the plate LOL.
But as it turns out, LIFE happens even on our birthdays. My dad is officially looking for a new job as of December 2nd. My father in law was admitted to the hospital on December 3rd. And on December 4th we post-poned our trip to Disneyland. Feeling rather sorry for myself and in a spirit of discouragement I grumbled off to the gym yesterday morning. And in the flurry of riding as fast as my legs could go (level 8!) on the bike at the gym I found release, and renewed sense of purpose. I'm not going to give in to sadness over what has happened this week. I'm not going to hand over my rights to a fulfilled and happy life to the spirit of darkness who threatens to destroy all I hold dear.
First Peter 5:8 says "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."Well, lion, I'm in my full armor, mace at my side, and I'm ready to do battle.
Second Timothy 1:7 says "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."LIFE, bring it on!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose ... What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? ... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -- Romans 8: 28, 31-32, 37-39
Lovely post. Hope Will's dad is ok. Your dad will find work. AND a very happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteAunt Sissy and Uncle Bobby