This past Sunday was Will's and my "tree decorating party." Our party consisted of two guests, Will and I. With the sounds of the NFL ringing in our ears we decorated our newly purchased and very realistic looking fake tree. It's complete with a dusting of snow and a few pinecones. Our original plan was to decorate a week ago, but my dreams of stringing popcorn and cranberries took longer to execute than I expected. In the end, the tree turned out great! And I have to say, I had a run for my money to keep up with Will in hanging ornaments. He's so fast! I always take the long route trying to find "just the right spot" and attempting to balance the tree out. Not too many ornaments clumped in one section, bigger ornaments closer to the bottom, or slightly hidden inside the tree so they don't overwhelm. I'll admit I was a little nervous when ornaments started going up helter skelter. But in the end, we both contributed to the decorating, and I have to admit, I like the way the tree looks ... all the way up to our football playing Angel (an addition that came a couple years ago complements of Will).
With the fireplace adding it's warm glow to the room we hunkered down to enjoy home made pizzas (one spinach and artichoke and the other BBQ carnitas) and watched a movie. It was a great relaxing way to end the weekend, and I'm so glad the day turned out so well. Once I have the rest of the Christmas gifts wrapped (so we no longer have boxes all over the dining room floor) I'll take some pics. For now, I'll leave you with a few shots of my popcorn and cranberry garlands. I must admit I thnk they turned out really well!
 |
| Before ... |
 |
| ... and after. |
 |
| A three popcorn to one cranberry ratio seemed to do the trick! |
Love it! We talked about doing popcorn and cranberries (some of the other cottages do it), but with the invasion of mice around this campus, I avoided any tempting food-type products. Plus, its more fun to admire all your hard work! Now I have to gather the strength to take down all the Christmas decorations -- booo!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It was a huge mess to do. Popcorn all over the place, which is really saying something since we already have popcorn all over our home from having it nearly every night. How on earth popcorn kernels make it to every single room I'll never know! But it was fun, and I'll most likely start doing it more often. Love the way it looks so homey!
ReplyDeleteThe popcorn and cranberries done alternately that way is really pretty! Gotta love the fake trees!
ReplyDeleteAunt Sissy