On Wednesday, Will surprised me with the best home made dinner, the same pasta dish he made me when we were still in the first years of our dating relationship ... nearly eleven years ago. Pasta, sausage and garlic cheesy bread made on these great gluten free buns we found at Simply Gluten Free. We'd had the hamburger buns before, but this time Will got their hot dog buns which he sliced and made into scrumptious garlic bread. The buns are from Charlotte's Bakery and they are oh-so-good! They have a faint sweetness that reminds us of Hawaiian rolls (Will's favorite!). We topped the meal off with home made strawberry margaritas--yum! We had such a great evening.
Thursday we went up to Santa Barbara for the afternoon/evening. Spent an hour or so wandering State Street which I haven't done in years. The best part was walking through Sur La Table together. Such fun looking through all the gismos and gadgets for the kitchen. We enjoyed what we both agreed was the best meal we've ever had at Outback Steakhouse. Outback has been one of my favorite restaraunts ever since we found out they not only have a gluten free menu ... but they have an absolutely DIVINE gluten free desert, a pecan brownie with vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce. When we go to Outback near home we always take the brownie to go so I can enjoy it for desert over the next couple of days.
Yesterday wasn't a flop, but was a little bit of a bummer since I was in an uninspired mood. A free Friday and I just felt like I wasn't using it to its fullest potential. Will saved the day once again as we went to the Thousand Oaks mall to walk around and headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The mall has changed dramatically in recent years and we wandered the mall looking at all the new shops and reminiscing on the stores that were there all through our childhood ... like Tilt and Round Table where you could get a slice of pizza at the walk up counter.
I've spent part of the morning browsing the web, searching for inspiration, and finally found some at this blog: http://keepnthesunnyside.blogspot.com/. You simply HAVE to check it out! Grab a cup of coffee, tea, whatever your pleasure is and spend some time browsing!
Hopefully all my bottled up inspiration will pay off tomorrow as I decorate our home and clean for next week's event. Great way to spend a football Sunday if I do say so myself. I'll be posting pics as soon as the house is decked out. Oh, and I've finished a few more layettes I need to photograph and share so keep coming back!
I'm glad you are having fun decorating and getting ready for friends. I'm
ReplyDeletesorry I'm not closer to come too! The Alice papers are very fun, I remember
you reciting the Jabber Wakki over, and over on vacation. Yes, we know
you are an Alice girl. Love Mom
The blog is wonderful and leaves me wanting more. Robby and I used to recite "The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things, of seas and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings...and so on. He loved it and I have many fond memories of those times with just he and I. Thank you for reminding me. Your mom and I are having fun! Glad they have more gluten free stuff too!
ReplyDeleteXOXO Aunt Sissy