Saturday, August 14, 2010

Welcome to the Thought Garden

Welcome to my brand-new first ever blog!  I've been brainstorming this for a couple weeks now and it's finally "the day" to start.  I'll be honest, I've been hesitant to do anything this accessible on the world-wide-web.  The perfectionist in me says a blog is no place for lil' ol' me to be.  What if someone doesn't like what I post?  What if I don't post often enough to keep people engaged?  What if I reveal a little too much about myself?  What if I don't come up with just the right thing to say?  Well, it's time to put the "what if's" aside.  Let's just say this is one more step I'm taking towards shedding that thick skin of insecurity and embracing a life of freedom.  So here I am on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, inside, on my computer talking with you folks.  

Have you ever spent hours in the kitchen pouring over a new recipe ... and have it turn out RIGHT?  Or you start a new craft project and are STUNNED by the end result?  Or perhaps, you mess up on a crochet pattern (been there, done that) only to find that the unplanned "OOPS" turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.  Every now and then I find something fun I want to share ... but no one to share it with.  And that my friends is how blogs begin.  Apparently.  Thank you for joining me on this journey.  Pull up a chair, a nice cup of tea, and relax!  I hope you enjoy, and find doses of inspiration, in the Thought Garden.

1 comment:

  1. Poppycock! :)

    I'm SUPER excited about your blog and just never-you-mind about that less-than-perfect stuff. I can't wait to see and read and hear all about everything you have to share with the world. Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete